Productive people have a success recipe which they follow and adhere to, all the time. This is applicable to any line of business not just software development. By developing these traits, people can be 3 to 5 times more productive than they are now.
- Set stretch goals or be unrealistic with your goals : : This makes them focussed and eliminates all distractions. There is a magic that happens when individual gets riveted to a stretch goal – he or she gets challenged which motivates them to go after the goal;
- Persistency and Consistency : Take one day at a time and deliver results. Any thing can be mastered when an individual is persistent and consistently work on it. The key is, make progress everyday.
- Results oriented – measure, monitor and improve is the mantra for results. Always measure themselves against the bench marks available and compete with others and within;
- Domain/local/technical knowledge and expertise – study, learn, understand, experiment, explore and seek help from others. Do not hesitate to ask for help and collaborate with others. Be and create a master mind around “You”
- Be proactive & be a problem solver – they are always proactive and don’t wait to hear about a problem. They anticipate and come up with alternatives.
- Be a team player : : They are very easy to work with and collaborate with people. They always work towards the team winning than being an individual hero!!
- Action oriented – they take initiative and take action. They never look or seek permission;
All of life happens between the ears – its all about imagination and visualization; Similarly, the game of golf happens in the mind. There are many similarities between life and golf. It’s all about the power of mind and how one can utilize it can determine what he or she can achieve in life.
To simply put, life is a reflection of what one thinks and feels inside his/her mind. Both of them happens in the mind and hence, the status of the mind determines what one attracts into his/her life. In a way, this also know as Law of Attraction. The process of practicing mindfulness makes one more aware their thoughts and feelings. A good state of mind brings all positive things into life and similarly, a good state of mind of a golfer brings his/her excellent game into play.
3 simple things to do : :
- Answer 2 simple questions
- What do I want?
- What do I do best?
- Get in to the flow or zone – simple daily practices for 30 minutes
- Which side is your thinking process? – working on desires & goals or thinking on fears and frustrations
Want to know more details – send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The inner process of awakening will trigger once we mindfully start observing people, situations, events, interactions etc. as a part of our life journey. As a part of this journey, the famous question of “why me?” will trigger a signal for introspection. This whole process will unfold the meaning of life – the time it takes to unfold is a function of the signal strength!!! Life becomes so simple once we practice living mindfully every second of our life.
Most of the time, people think of or look for opportunities to invest – which are outside of one self. I mean things like, financial instruments, real estate, gold etc. Once you take up a job, majority of folks forget about consciously spending time and effort in continuous improvement or learning. After spending a decade or so, they realize there is wide gap amongst the same batch of people who graduated together. Instead of focussing on, Did/Am I spending time to learn or acquire new skills, people look for excuses or complain about the system.
What are the reasons or factors contributing for this gap? Want to know more on this?
If you happen to be one of them or want to know the factors that caused the gap and how to bridge the gap and get back on track – please send an email to email@example.com!!
Answer the 2 most important questions and you will be successful.
Q1. What are my signature strengths?
Q2. Which companies, institutions and situations value the most what I do?
Michael Phelps and Winston Churchill became famous and successful because of .. not in spite of … their eccentricities. The key to success is to know what do well and what kind of work environment would allow you to do it!!! What that implies is, you got to “Align” your strengths to the right environment which allows you to perform best!!!
The next question most of the people will have is, how to find the answer to the top 2 questions? It requires a lot of introspection to know you well and be honest with yourself. Once you find the answers from within, success just follows you like a shadow!!
Simple prayer for peace , happiness and joy!
May all sentient beings have happiness and the causes of happiness
May all sentient beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering
May all sentient beings have joy and the causes of joy
May all sentient beings remain in great equanimity, free from attachment and aversion.